Print marketing is one of the most potent forms of marketing and communication. Printing marketing materials like flyers, posters, business cards, and general advertisement materials are anything that increases your brand awareness in a physical form. If done correctly, it can be the marketing tool your customers need to interact with to encourage them to visit your store or trust you with their money. However, it means you must pay proper attention to the quality of the design, text, and print material; else, you can lose your customers.
At this point, you are probably asking what you need to create a high-quality printed piece. You will find answers to some of the questions that will help you improve your print production process and even help you determine a quality printing company for your marketing needs.
Digital and Offset Printing’s Differences
There are two major printing types; digital and offset printing. When it comes to the differences between offset and digital printing, there are many. However, in sum;
1. Digital printing is a cost-effective and lightweight option for smaller quantities of print. It has a rapid turnaround and slick versatility, which is very hard to beat. It is also a new, innovative technology that keeps advancing and is an excellent choice.
2. Digital presses are high-end color copiers that use powder toner. The art files are often transferred directly from a computer. However, you can not edit the color while the job is printing.
3. Digital printing is faster than offset printing because the printing is often done directly. It is also cost-effective because you can use it for printing up to 1000 postcards and brochures.
1. Offset printing is a durable, original, and time-tested option. It is the perfect choice for large to huge, cost-effective print runs. It guarantees excellent color options and has a broad range of surface print materials.
2. Offset printing uses presses that print with liquid inks. As a result, the art is often separated into four process colors – black, yellow, cyan, and magenta.
3. Offset is more cost-effective because you can use it for more than 1000 and more extensive projects like magazines, posters, or signage. However, it takes longer to produce.
Quality Control for Offset Printings
Some of the checks you should make for offset printing are:
1. Make sure everything you see on the approved proof is the same as the printed sheet and that nothing is hidden, cropped, or omitted. Make sure the color adjustments match the initial evidence.
2. Ensure the inks are printed in the register, and there are no halos around the items.
3. Make sure the reverse type of ink is clean and readable.
4. Make sure the inks are strong, and the press sheet’s color matches the proof’s color.
5. Make sure the printer is using only the stock you selected for printing. Also, ensure that the printer is working with the correct specs in size, paper quantity, paper type, stock, etc.
6. Make sure you ascertain the delivery date and shipping information.
7. Make sure the text in print is readable.
Quality Control for Digital Printings
Some of the checks you should make for digital printing are:
1. First, make sure to ask for proof before printing digitally. A proof is a printed sample that will help you see what the print should look like.
2. Make sure the digital reprint matches the original printed piece.
3. Note that digital presses use powdered toners and not liquid inks, so there is no drying time.
Other Types of Printing
Screen printing can be used to replace large format digital printing. It is an effective technique for creating artwork, posters, and bold canvases. You can also use it for high-quality t-shirt printing and excellent digital printing for textiles.
Engraving is hand carving art into a hard surface, especially copper. The cutting is often done by hand. It requires a lot of detail and is often used for printing money, stock certificates, checks, bonds, and other security-sensitive papers.
Print marketing is underestimated because many believe the world has evolved and disregard printed marketing formats. However, printed materials are an excellent way to reach your customers and create an impression. If you do it wrong, you will not have any meaningful impact, which is bad for business. This is why you need a quality printing company to create powerful, impactful prints that will make a lasting impression and increase your brand awareness.
Have you had a print marketing campaign that went wrong? How did it make you feel?