A well-written resume is essential for landing an accounting job. Your skills, experience, and qualifications should be highlighted in an accounting resume that grabs the attention of hiring managers. Not everyone has the experience or skill to create a great accounting resume. Resume That Works offers affordable resumes that will help you make an accounting resume that stands apart from the rest. This blog will give you tips and a sample of an accounting resume.
Related Post: Top 10 Best Resume Tips and Tricks for Freshers
Example of a cheap resumes on Resume That Works
[Your Name] [Address] [Phone Number] [Email Address]
To find an accounting position within a company that values accuracy and integrity.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, XYZ University. Graduation Date GPA: 3.5/4.0
1. Proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks
2. Great attention to detail and accuracy
3. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
4. Ability to work in a team and independently
5. Communication and interpersonal skills are essential
6. Strong understanding of accounting principles and regulations
June 2018 – Present, ABC Company Accounting Clerk
1. Prepare and reconcile accounts payables and receivables
2. Assist with the preparation of financial reports and statements
3. Keep accurate records of tax payments and payroll transactions.
4. For accuracy and compliance with company policies, review expense reports and invoices
5. Assist with the preparation of tax returns.
6. Accounting Intern, DEF Company May 2017-August 2017
7. Assist in the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
8. Maintain accurate records of tax payments and payroll transactions.
9. Research and analysis conducted to support accounting projects
10. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of tax schedules and returns.
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
2. QuickBooks Certified
Also Read: Relocating Mistakes You Should Avoid Making
Here are some tips for writing an accounting resume
Use a professional format. Your accounting resume should be simple to read and well-organized. Make sure to use a professional format with clear headings and bullet points.
Highlight your skills: Your resume should highlight your qualifications and skills. A section should list your relevant skills. This could include proficiency in QuickBooks, knowledge about accounting regulations and principles, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
You should focus on your experience. Your resume for accounting should highlight your accounting experience. You should include details about any previous accounting jobs, internships, including the tasks you performed, financial transactions that you processed, and financial statements and reports that you prepared.
Action verbs: You can use action verbs to describe the accomplishments and responsibilities you have in previous accounting jobs. Action verbs are prepared, reconciled and processed.
Personalize your resume. Create an accounting resume that matches the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Use the same keywords and skills as the job posting to tailor your resume.
Also Read: Prediction for Crude Oil: Searching for Some Sort of Direction
Include certifications: List any certifications that you have earned such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or QuickBooks Certified. This will show hiring managers that your qualifications and commitment to your accounting career are evident.
A well-written accounting resume is crucial to landing a job in accounting. Employers will notice your accounting resume if it is written in a professional format. This includes highlighting your skills and experiences, including action verbs and customizing it. Resume That Works offers affordable resumes that can help you create an accounting resume that stands out and highlights your skills.