New Technologies for Small Business is fast emerging in 2020 that you should be aware of. But trying to implement the latest technology in your business is not that easy. Although, few key tools may assure increased business productivity, making the transition is likely to take some convincing & time. Making some advance investments are sure to help you save a good number of hours & increase overall work productivity & client satisfaction.
Related Post: Best Modern Business Technologies You Should Invest In
7 top small business technology trends
- Enhanced analytics help create actionable insights: Many small businesses may feel that adopting analytics is out of their reach. But it is something that can be used immediately. You can use tools like Kissmetrics to know your marketing data. With ClearStory Data, you can make better data-driven decisions. Besides these, there are several other tools to use. These platforms have only increased in importance this year & help your business to be ahead of your competitors.
- Enhance repetitive tasks using AO & Machine Learning: Most small businesses still find AI & machine learning to be out of reach. Both are expected to affect the entire market. However, it is not easy to recognize those areas where you can simplify them using AI. Now, AI is very much approachable and beneficial to carry out repetitive tasks on a day-to-day basis. You can use advanced tools like Clara & x.ai to confirm meeting schedules and get the task done quickly. Similarly, you can use AI Chatbot to tackle commonly-asked questions like save employee hours, business hours, etc. This helps to focus on growing your business further.
- Distributed teams & telecommuting: By the starting of 2021, about 50% of employees are expected to work from home. This number is only expected to increase with the passage of time, with workplaces going digital. It is important for your team to be flexible with regards to place & time. But this does not necessarily mean doing away with your current physical location but adopting innovative technology in business. This will support remote work.
- Enhanced digital integration: Integrating advanced technology in your small business will allow you to reap in the benefits. You can use Cloud to store all your crucial documents. Adopting IoT also allows you to save huge. Digital integration allows you to convert such technological advancements into real-world benefits. Thus, your small business can derive an upper edge over your competitors.
- Better focus on Cybersecurity: There are reports of increased data breaches the world in 2020 & it is really worrying. When cyberattacks are concerned, you cannot hide behind old technology. Even small businesses are prone to cyberattacks & there is the risk of loss of precious & valuable data. You need to take adequate steps immediately & safeguard yourself as well as your customers. Focus in 2020 is more on security. Make your network secure and update & patch every device regularly.
- Investing in APIs: Once APIs (Applications Programming Interfaces) were considered to be the domain of software developers. They tried to integrate modern technology with data derived from platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. More small businesses are likely to invest in APIs this year to become more efficient than before. You can use tools like Basecamp & Trello or payment platforms such as Stripe or PayPal. You can get access to key data with APIs.
Also Read: Ways to Make a Living Online
- Better Managed IT: With Managed IT services, you get the opportunity to outsource your task to industry professionals. Managed IT is a wonderful option if you seek 24/7 threat response, network monitoring, etc. You can also scale up your business as & when desired.
You should experiment with the above-mentioned technology for small business owners & enjoy the benefits that come with it.