When it comes to cloud security, many businesses are still unsure of the best way to protect their data. The cloud is a great resource for businesses, but if it’s not secured properly, your data can be at risk. In this article, we will discuss the importance of cloud security in business and list some of the best cloud security companies out there. We’ll also take a look at different types of cloud security and best practices for keeping your data safe.
Why You Need to Implement Cloud Security in Your Business
It guards against security breaches
Data security is key for any company that wants to stay afloat, but often times data breaches go unnoticed until it’s too late. This is especially important when utilizing cloud storage systems; if you’re using a public Cloud, then anyone outside of the company could theoretically have access to your sensitive information.
Data breaches are unfortunately not preventable, but there are ways to protect your data in case of one. A hybrid system is often the responsibility of the client to use, as this provides an extra layer of security.
It helps manage remote work
The ability to access work information from any location is amazing, but it’s also crucial that this data is protected more vigilantly than ever. Sometimes employees might not follow the correct protocol when using public Wi-Fi and could potentially put sensitive company information at risk.
Storing data on a physical server opens you up to increased security risks, malware, and phishing. Cloud storage can help alleviate some of these threats.
It helps ensure disaster recovery
Though we hope it never happens, disasters can happen without notice and destroy your company if you’re unprepared. Whether it’s a flood, fire, or something else entirely, being properly secured is the only way to guarantee that your business survives.
List of Best Cloud Security Companies
- Astra Security
Best Cloud Security Companies Explored
Astra Security is the quickest and most comprehensive way to remove malware and vulnerabilities from your system so you can get back to using the cloud.
Astra uses our world-class firewalls to continuously scan and test your cloud network for vulnerabilities, so you can always have peace of mind knowing that your data is secure.
- With 3000 tests, you can have peace of mind knowing that your security is tight.
- You can integrate Astra into your Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline with ease.
- This tool not only detects potential breaches in compliance for GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS scans but also helps you to immediately identify and fix any areas of your website that are non-compliant.
- By conducting a self-scan, you can be confident in the results.
- Astra provides a host of vulnerability checks to ensure the safety and security of your website.
- Penetration tests are an important part of security and can help us find and fix vulnerabilities before they are exploited.
- This software includes a comprehensive malware and vulnerability scanner that can quickly identify and remove any potential threats from your system.
- Cloud vulnerability management is a helpful security measure.
- Astra offers 24/7 customer support, so you can rest assured knowing that someone will be there to help when you need it most.
Qualys offers users a cloud platform that delivers compliance scanning, vulnerability detection, and cloud workload protection – all while keeping your data safe.
- Qualys’ Web Application Scanning module detects vulnerabilities in web apps at lightning speeds.
- Qualys is a known name when it comes to security solutions, and their PCI-DSS compliance module helps confirm device compliance status, just one of the many useful modules they offer.
- The Policy Compliance module is the best solution for organizations of all sizes because it assesses security configurations for both on-premises and cloud assets, and also automates best practices for compliance.
Trellix was created when McAfee Enterprise and FireEye came together. The Skyhigh Security corporate security division will eventually be responsible for this list, but not until the product names have been finalized.
FireEye is fantastic for incident response and investigations, but they have also been venturing into cloud security. Now, their services will protect your cloud server workloads from any outside threats.
- FireEye’s Virtual Network Security Capability is innovative and allows businesses to see traffic thoroughly, providing a crucial edge.
- FireEye has a significant edge over its competitors due to its intimate knowledge of threat analytics, including data analysis and experience with responding to incidents.
- Detection on Demand gives users the ability to monitor and control security for AWS cloud services in real-time. This capability empowers users to take proactive measures to ensure their data and applications are protected at all times.
With Lacework’s cloud workload security and compliance software, businesses can protect their data from threats and get visual confirmation that their data is secure. This way, you will be confident that your information is safe.
- The Polygraph feature allows you to see how different account roles, workflows and APIs are connected so that you can have a better understanding.
- Lacework offers cloud-based security and compliance monitoring to help you keep tabs on your infrastructure.
Cloud Security Best Practices
The best way to secure your data in the cloud is to take a proactive approach and implement security best practices from the start. Here are 10 of the best ways to do just that:
- Use a strong password policy.
- Two-factor authentication is an essential security measure for any online account.
- Encrypt all data while it is in transit and when it is not being used.
- Only allow those who absolutely need it to have access to data and systems.
- Teach your employees how to best keep your business secure.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments.
- Monitor activity and look for anomalies.
- Be prepared for incidents with an incident response plan.
- Have a backup and disaster recovery plan in place.
- Keep up with security patching and updates.
Cloud security is essential for any business that uses cloud-based applications or stores data in the cloud. To keep your data protected, be sure to follow these security practices.
With the plethora of cloud security solutions on the market, it is crucial that you take the time to research and find the one that will be most effective for your specific needs.
Ankit Pahuja is the Marketing Lead & Security Evangelist at Astra Security. He is on a legit mission to help businesses uncover security loopholes before hackers do. Ankit is an avid speaker in the security space and has delivered various talks in top companies, early-age startups, and online events.