We all would like more energy and these tips will help you be a little more lively at work.
1. Schedule workouts for the middle of your day. When you start to feel the afternoon slump, head out to the gym for a healthy workout. Research shows that exercise will almost certainly aid in productivity afterward, therefore negating the effect of the work time lost while on the treadmill.
ALSO READ: INTERESTED IN HAVING A SUPPORT ANIMAL?
2. Take a well-timed nap. Do not fall into an hours-long slumber, but do allow yourself a brief nap to re-energize at an appropriate time of the day. Studies have revealed that the ideal nap length is between 10 and 20 minutes. This gives you a lift but will not interfere with your sleep at night, meaning you can get comfortable on your forty winks mattress and be sure of a rest later.
3. Grab a sweet treat. Though chocolate does certainly contain caffeine which will provide a welcome jolt, cocoa also offers flavonoids which can lift the mood and sharpen cognitive capabilities.
4. Go for coffee. Make no mistake, there is no wisdom in downing gallons of coffee each day. This is sure to cause a serious crash at some point during the afternoon. However, a single cup, perhaps two can be just perfect. Research suggests that a small dose of coffee may be all that is required even to keep fatigued truck drivers safe and alert.
5. Experience the outdoors. Venture outside, no matter where you are. If you cannot do a nature hike, stop at a park instead. All you need is about 20 minutes to feel rejuvenated and more content.
6. Make time for food. Bodies require food and nutrients in order to work, and when we lack sustenance, energy levels necessarily drop. Keeping regular eating schedules for meals as well as snacks can keep the mind sharp. Remember, though, that a lack of sleep can prompt excessive eating when it is not actually required, leading to brain fog and weight gain.
ALSO READ: WHY HIRE MOBILE MARKETING AGENCIES?
7. Focus on complex carbohydrates. Are you curious about the best foods to eat for high energy? Whole grain products and other complex carbohydrates are great choices. They give a boost of blood sugar that is needed by the brain. Researchers found that eating complex carbs causes a sensation of energy that is hard to beat. Those on low-carb diets also tend to have greater mood swings than those who have regular intake of carbohydrates.
8. Grab some unsweetened beverages. Sugar-filled drinks are risky because they tend to cause quick crashes after consumption. This is true even if they contain caffeine. Therefore, choose your drinks wisely and always go sugar-free.