Finding the best removal company to assist you in transporting your valuables can seem a relatively easy task, but it is actually quite a bit more involved than initially meets the eye. Competition in the removals space is tough as is the case with many service providers these days.
Related Post: Why You Should Plan for Junk Removal Before Moving
So, how do you go about establishing which Bicester removals company will suit your needs as well as your pocket best? You need to keep your options open. There are many ways you can go about finding the information you need in order to make the best decision for you, these include:
- Asking for recommendations via word of mouth as these might provide you with options from sources whose opinions you value.
- Reviews, reviews, reviews. Previous customers are often the harshest critics but they can also be your most loyal supporters. Reviews are a reliable source supporting the credibility of a removal company’s reputation.
- Cheaper is not necessarily always better as some removal companies may not always openly disclose additional costs that may be included in your removal bill.
- Are they able to accommodate your personal requirements? Find out if they can meet your expectations or if they are willing to go out of their way to make sure that your belongings are delivered as you would like them to be. A good removal company will always try to accommodate their client’s specifications to the best of their ability.
- Assess their customer service levels by how they handle your requests, queries, or concerns. A company that can give you peace of mind is a reliable indicator that they will provide you with the service you are looking for.
- Clear and open communication is necessary to avoid any misunderstanding along the way.
- Make sure you understand the contract as this will be your way of recourse should any disputes arise. An important removal document that states all the conditions of your removal agreement is what is known as a Bill of Lading which will document all the details in your agreement. This is your surety as a customer and is your right to know and have access to at times during the removal process.
- Be sure to take stock of your delivered goods to ensure that everything is accounted for because once you’ve put your signature on the delivery bill you have then agreed that your delivery is correct in all respects.
- Transparency regarding removal rates – a reputable removal company will freely volunteer helpful information regarding their removal rates without you having to dig deeper to try and pry a clear-cut answer from their representative in order to find it out.
- The removal company you choose to use should be a registered and licenced removal company according to the British Association of Removers. A licensed removal company will have the necessary authority to transport your goods and will give you peace of mind that your belongings are in safe hands.
If you are looking for a removals company to transport your goods that can provide you with the assurance you need, contact Move In Matters today for more information.