So, here comes the monsoon. It is the perfect time to play with the beauty of the Mother Nature and listen to the rhythm of the pouring water and relish over adrak chai and hot piping pakoras.
Though, the monsoon is a welcome change after the scorching summer, it is also the season when there is a sharp rise in the number of electrical accidents. The sad part is that these accidents can happen to give you a shock when you are at home enjoying the ‘natural’ showers.
So, take the time to brush up on the principles of safe usage of electrical items and make sure that everyone in your home is aware of them.
- Shut windows near to plug points when it rains= Though, enjoying the rainfall while sitting near a window is a great idea, avoid doing it if switches and plugs are located near your window. Rain droplets may enter your house and moisten the electrical plugs, making them more vulnerable.
- Switch off electronic devices during thunderstorms= During monsoon, lightning is a common thing, due to which electricity is also conducted in the home through electric It can cause a fire, and therefore, it is recommended that you switch off all your electronic devices during thunderstorms.
- Switch off the gadgets during power fluctuations= Abrupt power cuts and cable faults are the common problems during the rainy However, constant power fluctuations can damage your electronic items as well, and therefore, switch off the main power control when you see the lights are simmering or the speed of fan suddenly starts decreasing. Not doing so, may harm all your electronic items.
- Keep your wet hands off from switches = This goes without saying, when you come back home completely drenched, first dry yourself before touching any electrical gadgets. If you have to use them in a wet condition, use a wooden scale or any other item which is made from poor conductors of electricity.
- Upgrade old electrical equipments = With monsoon, there comes dampness which is good for flora but not for your electrical appliances. So, carefully check all the wires, switches, plugs, etc.; to ensure they are in good condition and replace old items, if required. or if unexpected equipment failures cause then you can contact Dallas Fire Watch Guard Services for instant services.
- Get all your electrical fittings checked beforehand= Much before it starts raining, get all your electrical fittings checked to avoid accidents. As loose earthing increases the chances of electric shocks, it is in your interest to get it repaired before it rains.
- Keep a tester= If any switch or plug is wet, don’t touch it and use the tester to find out any current leakage.
- Call electrician= Avoid repairing broken wires, switches, or electrical appliances by yourself. Call a qualified electrician for doing any electricity repairing work.
- Buy personal accident insurance= Accidents can happen even in the safe walls of the house, which not only cause physical injuries but also result in financial losses as well. So, it is worthwhile to go with a personal accident insurance policy which promises to cover the policyholder and his/her family in case of any accident.
ALSO READ: THE REAL ADVANTAGES OF VR GAMING
Here are some of the events which are covered under a personal accident insurance policy=
- Accidental Death
- Permanent Total Disablement
- Reimbursement of Accidental Hospitalisation Expenses
- Accident Hospital Daily Allowance
Even after following all the above measures, a fire can start at your home due to your negligence. However, at that time instead of panicking, switch off the main power supply system and call the fire brigade immediately. Also, never put water on an electrical fire and use a fire extinguisher or baking soda instead to douse the flames.
A piece of advice
With electric appliances being so imperative part of our lives, it’s easy to forget that these are also susceptible to high risks and hazards. It is necessary to tread cautiously and make sure you are aware of all the risks involved. When you are ready, it’s easy to handle the consequences and take remedial actions, if required.
So, diligently follow all the above tips and become rain ready!