Three interesting facts about the .NET framework and .NET developers for you to mull over:
- The U.S. has more than 165,194 net developers.
- Statista confirmed that 34.55% of developers used the .NET framework.
- There are more than 1,700 .NET developer jobs on Indeed.
Related Post: The Advantages and Disadvantages Of .NET Framework Programming
Alright, now you’re convinced about the importance of .NET developers. You want to go and hire a .NET developer. However, before you do so, read this article.
In the next five minutes, learn all about the 7 most essential skills needed for .NET developers. The complete guide will discuss:
1. How having experience in databases is necessary for .NET developers
2. How having the skills to operate ASP.NET MVC is necessary for .NET developers
3. How having the skills to write and refactor code is necessary for .NET developers
4. How having the skills to handle front-end framework is necessary for .NET developers
5. How having strong communication skills is necessary for .NET developers
6. How having the knowledge of programming languages is necessary for .NET developers
7. How having the technical skills are necessary for .NET developers
If you’re hiring a .NET developer, you’ll know what .NET skills you should be looking for in a developer. Furthermore, if you’re a .NET developer yourself, you’ll know what .NET skills you need to learn to stay ahead of the competition.
Without further ado, let’s begin.
7 most essential skills needed for .NET developers
1. Experience with databases
Databases have a crucial role in any web development project. A developer must:
the data for specific projects.
That’s the reason why a .NET developer must work with multiple databases such as:
And many more.
Although many companies have dedicated database engineers, however, that means the companies would have to pay extra and offer more infrastructure for them. No one likes that.
That’s why you’d stay ahead of the competition if you understand the database concepts and can handle them. Furthermore, you can have a better average pay per annum for having experience in databases as well. It’s a win-win situation for all.
Still wondering why experience with databases is one of the top senior .NET developer skills?
2. Skills to operate ASP.NET MVC
ASP.NET MVC framework is one of the most famous frameworks developers use to build dynamic websites.
The open-source software allows developers to access the front-end or client-side technologies and have complete control of each function of an app. The framework helps in:
- More scalable
deployment of an app. The framework also offers a large set of tools including:
- Database access
Furthermore, the framework allows developers to build highly responsive web apps that can handle massive amounts of data.
Furthermore, the .NET framework allows developers to develop web apps that come with:
- Advanced security
- Efficient control
- Robust technology
The MVC framework is outshining many of its competitors. Thus, knowing how to operate the ASP.NET MVC framework is one of the most-desired junior .NET developer skills.
3. Skills to write and refactor code
The .NET developers not only need to write the code but must know the purpose of the code as well.
The reason behind this is understanding the purpose allows them to figure out what existing code they can input to save time and resources. Furthermore, they get to know what new code they need to write as well.
The ability to write code helps to create apps on all platforms; be it mobile, desktop, or web.
Thus, a .NET developer must have a strong grasp of programming languages such as:
for developing apps on the .NET framework.
Furthermore, the .NET developer must write code that’s:
That’s why they must be good at code refactoring.
Code refactoring stands for a process where the developers take existing source code and modify its structure without changing its functionality.
The process helps make the code easier to:
4. Skills to handle front-end framework
Also known as the client-side web development framework, the front-end framework helps .NET developers to create interfaces that are easy to navigate and aesthetic. Furthermore, the understanding of such a framework helps the developers present a better experience to the targeted set of users.
Check out the 5 front-end frameworks .NET developers need to have a strong grasp on:
All the aforementioned front-end frameworks help the developers create online apps that are:
Thus, companies prefer to hire .NET developers with the skills to handle front-end frameworks. Furthermore, the developers can demand a higher salary for the skills as well.
5. Strong communication skills
Communication is crucial for the success of any business. Thus, a .NET developer, too, must have strong communication skills.
Communication skills include:
- Written and verbal communication
- Listening skills
- Presentation skills
These skills help the developer communicate with team members, other stakeholders, and clients.
For example, if the developer is training a new member of their team, they must explain to the trainee how to operate the systems and what coding languages they use for their projects.
Furthermore, .NET developers often need to interact with people who don’t have technical backgrounds and thus won’t understand the jargon. The developers must make them understand what’s going on in layman’s language without making them feel dumb.
6. Knowledge of programming languages
.NET developers must have a strong grasp of programming languages such as:
Furthermore, they must have deep knowledge of database applications such as:
- SQL Server
Under these categories, .NET developers must know:
- The use of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- How to use methods, classes, switch statements, variables, arrays and loops
- The basic syntax such as if/else statements and switch statements
7. Technical skills
Check out the three solutions .NET developers must have a strong grasp of below:
1. Visual Studio: The Integrated Development Environment (IDE) by Microsoft enhances continuous integration and team communication with a wide range of extensions from both Microsoft and third-party suppliers.
2. NET: The framework makes it easier to reuse your code and makes the code more readable. Furthermore, the framework supports a wide range of programming paradigms. For example, the ASP.NET MVC makes the development of HTTP services easier when building RESTful apps.
3. Xamarin: The platform of .NET developer libraries and tools, Xamarin comes in handy especially when you’re building mobile apps. The platform comes with a base framework for accessing native features, platform-specific libraries, libraries for design patterns, and editor extensions that offer functionalities for mobile app development.
Also Read: Russia Cannot Send Athletes To The Olympics Because Of The Ukraine Conflict, Zelensky Claims
Most essential skills needed for .NET developers – upskill and earn more
A .NET developer earns $110,534 a year on average in the U.S. The number shoots up to $177,351 a year for the highest-paid .NET developers.
Thus, the job comes with a lucrative paycheck. Therefore, it’s beneficial for you to learn .NET developer skills in 2022.
Now that you know all about the 7 most essential skills needed for .NET developers, the knowledge will help you make the most informed decision.