You may be eager to know “what are the 4 types of advertising methods” to promote your small business effectively. Advertising is essential to growing quickly your client base. It also helps to develop brand awareness & boost your earnings. You can consider a variety of advertising approaches to promote your small business. Do focus on popular digital platforms like Google AdWords, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. You may also choose traditional advertising platforms like TV, radio & newspapers. It is crucial for you to invest strategically to derive better ROI.
Related Post: Advertising strategy for small business
4 types of ads for your small business
You may desire to increase your brand exposure & revenue through advertisements. In such a case, you should select the most appropriate strategy that will work for your business model. Also, the advertising method selected should fit your budget.
1. PPC (Pay Per Advertising)
This online advertising medium requires you to pay a small fee each time some user clicks on your ads. It also means if your ad is not clicked, then you do not pay anything. Bing Ads & Google advertisements are common PPC Advertising platforms. This SEM (Search Engine Marketing) strategy is a wonderful option for your small business.
Also Read: Top 10 Big Data Companies of 2020
2. Social media advertising
If you search for what are the 4 types of advertising, you will find social media to be popularly used. It is because it can be used for your targeted audience and also is cost-effective. You can narrow down your audience within a specific area. Few popular platforms are given below:
- Instagram: They are amazing advertisements for your small business & offers superior visual brand and appeals to young audiences. It also includes several targeting parameters like carousel ads, stories ads, video ads, and image ads. Call-to-action buttons can also be included to drive more traffic to your site.
- Facebook: Such types of ads are commonly used by small businesses due to their widespread adoption & low cost. You can choose different ad units like video ads, carousel images, customer offers, page likes, lead generation, event responses, etc.
- LinkedIn: Doing some research will help you to know what are the 4 types of advertising and how LinkedIn fits here. When compared to other social networks, it is a bit expensive. However, it is a wonderful option for businesses following the B2B (business-to-business) sales model. You will be in a better position to target professionals in specific job titles & associated with specific industries.
3. Broadcast advertising
Such types of ads comprise of mass-market media like radio & TV. However, TV ads can be expensive. But if you want to promote your business locally and make your brand awareness, then this ad form can be beneficial. What are the 4 types of advertising that have more audience reach? If you want an answer to this question, then TV & radio ads are quite effective. Broadcast ad costs depend on several factors like ad length, the time when it is played, and frequency. Also should be considered the cost to produce easy to understand & appealing ads.
4. Mobile advertisements
In this digital advertising type, ads are served through mobile devices only like tablets & smartphones. Such types of ads can include:
- Mobile search ads
- Mobile display ads
- Mobile app ads to help drive brand app downloads
- Mobile videos
- Social media ads which are served only on mobile devices
There are several types of ads that you can use to promote your small business. You need to diversify your approach in both the digital & traditional worlds & focus on the core target market. It also helps to provide more exposure to your brand and increase traffic.