Social media marketing is a gambit for a new entrant in the race to success. Startups worldwide, especially during the pandemic, have realized the vital role that social media platforms can play in the longevity of a company. Nonetheless, it is not a cakewalk. It was maybe a decade back when social media was still an alien concept for many. But today, with a boom in technology and a rise in the global middle-class lifestyle, social media is more about work than it is about pleasure.
To capitalize on social media’s power, it is important to understand how it works and what can be done to make it more useful for your business. Thousands of tutorials teach you how to scale up and get the much revered blue tick beside your name. However, they are lengthy, cumbersome, and often overlap with the existing repository of information. To cut a long story short, this article takes you through the most important tips and tricks to establish your company on social media.
Related Post: Best Tools for Social Media Marketing
Tips for Using Social Media Marketing for Your Startup
Before you begin your social media journey for professional reasons, it is important to keep some crucial points in mind. Here are some tips for using social media marketing for your startup:
1. Identify Your Target Group: Your target audience is your greatest asset. Remember, not everyone is a part of this group. Adding unnecessary people detracts from your campaign and manipulates the results. It also reduces the conversion rate. You must be as specific as possible.
Thus, Define your target group, and do not go overboard while doing so. Hence, if you are selling cat food, target old, new, or to-be paw parents, not those who hate cats! Once identified, research more about your target group. Observe them closely and take note of the kind of content they are likely to engage with.
Also Read: Top Tips to Rank Higher as an Amazon Seller
2. Live Stream at Least Once a Week: Live streaming helps establish your brand on social media. Believe it or not, people enjoy watching live streams, especially if it is something of their interest. Your audience is no different. Use live streaming to start giveaways or for exciting announcements. These little details will help keep your audience on their toes, giving them a reason to visit and revisit your streams.
3. Make Sure Your Content is Visually Pleasing: Videos are the real deal today. Leverage them. Texts and images are all great, but none so like a well-made video. Videos help to convey your intentions to your audience in a way that they will enjoy. Moreover, it only takes a few minutes to create one and publish it. With InVideo, you can create a video in just a few minutes. The online video editor even has templates to help you create eye-catching content.
4. Use Trends: Irrespective of whether you use Twitter or Instagram, keep a keen eye on the trending column of both. Keep a tab on viral content and immediately capitalize on it for your benefit. Make memes and videos, write witty captions, and share them with your followers as soon as you get something you know you can leverage.
5. Give out Coupons and Other Discounts: Everybody likes a coupon and a discount. This is one of the oldest tactics in the book that works like magic. Thus, no matter what you are selling, give out coupons or discounts for them and advertise them on your social media accounts. You can also give out free stuff. Host contests and reward the lucky winners. Discounts are a great way to make promoters out of potential customers.
6. Enable Strategic Posting: Strategic posting will be your greatest weapon besides your content. For each social media platform, there are certain specific time intervals in a day when the reach is at its peak. This is the time when you want to post your content. This will help you get noticed more because more people are online on that platform. This time interval differs from platform to platform. Thus, you can schedule posts to ensure you do not miss out on reaching as many people as possible.
Also Read: The Best Cyber Monday Laptop Deals 2020
7. Keep an Eye on Your Competitors: One crucial part of making it big on social media is to keep a tab on your competitors. Follow them if you will, but make sure you can gauge their campaigns regularly. You can take inspiration from the recent engagements between companies like McDonald’s and Burger King. On Twitter, replying to a competitor with a witty comeback is on-trend. With a friendly touch, you can do this too.
Along with social media, YouTube is also an extremely beneficial tool if used effectively, try creating a video or editing a YouTube video here. Spend a good couple of hours on your channels, and you will be far ahead of most of your competitors. Aim to know your audience, and work towards adding value to their routine. This will earn you more followers than any marketing campaign and put your startup on the map.