The success of any organization depends upon the efficiency level of its employees. Good teams are necessary to carry out work the designated tasks & to complete them on time. Effective teamwork is crucial at the workplace as it helps drive any company towards achieving sure success. To be a good Team Player, you need to be aware of the different qualities you need to imbibe. This will also create a wonderful & healthy work environment & motivate others to work together to achieve organizational goals.
Related Post: Who is a Team Player? What Makes Them Special?
Top 10 Qualities of a Team Player
- Be flexible: You should not watch the others perform their assigned tasks from a distance. Rather, you need to be part of this team. Also, you should take responsibility to do what is needed to achieve the best results. You need to flexible to changing situations and overcome obstacles that come in your way. You should not display your frustration, stress, or be pressurized due to demanding situations. You need to be calm & know how to be a team player.
- Show genuine commitment: A good team player is one who is dedicated & committed to the set objective. You need to make yourself available whenever your services are required. You should contribute to the maximum without expecting rewards as they will come by with your success. You should rather strive to achieve excellence in your work.
- Be responsible & reliable: The other vital qualities of a team player are to be responsible & reliable. You should complete all assigned tasks keeping in mind your work priority. If unsure about your priority, clarify the same with your manager.
- Avoid staying in the shadows: You should not sit quietly to get your work completed. You should also involve others until someone bothers or interrupts you at work. You should be prepared with answers to questions asked by others. You should how to be a team player and be effective. This is by reaching your teammates with well-crafted ideas.
Also Read: Top 5 Famous Australian CEO’s
- Providing information periodically to your team: An effective Team Player is one who shares his/her ideas & opinions with the team. You should not take credit for others’ plans. Provide information timely to your team and maintain the utmost transparency during communication. It is important to plan to achieve personal success. However, whether you will get promoted or not will depend upon your communication level with other team members.
- Listen actively: You should listen patiently to what other team members have to say. This is one of the important qualities of a team player. Also, you are to respect the other person’s ideas & viewpoints. It is for this reason, diverse teams are found to be effective, which depends more on active listening. But active listening is not easy. You may not agree with someone on some points at first. You should not interrupt or prepare unwanted counter remarks. Listen to what the person has to say and find out why they have this strong belief. Only then can you learn and know how to be a team player.
- Respect & support others: As a Team Player, this is important. Even trivial ideas should be supported & ideas & opinions respected. Then only you will gain respect from others.
- Be prepared to provide assistance: Although it might not be mentioned in the job description, you can help others without them asking for it. You can provide tips or pointers to help young team members to overcome problems.
- Recognize wrong-doings: If you want to know how to be a team player, then you should realize others’ mistakes, including yours. This will show your willingness to rectify the mistake. You should not be stubborn in your decisions.
- Problem-solver: You can provide solutions to your team leader or teammates. Your skills are sure to be appreciated. This is one of the important qualities of a team player.
You should how to be a team player & be effective at work.