Self study will be a piece of cake for you if you are determined and dedicated to giving your best shot. Class 7 is the discovering stage of your life, where you can try different routines, tips, and timetables to check what suits you the best so that you can easily carry forward it in your higher classes and make your studies smooth. If you are planning to self-study then there are few things that you should keep in mind.
Related Post: Good Mental Health Practice for College Students
- Plan a layout of your day. Make a list of things you need to do on an urgent basis and things that can be done later. The sooner you start to inculcate this habit, the better it will be for the future.
- Analyze which are your strong and weak subjects in the course prescribed in the syllabus. Then work on them equally. Study only two subjects a day. You should not burden yourself by studying five to six subjects every day. You can study one weak and one strong subject a day. This way, you will feel more enthusiastic while studying.
- Focus on what is taught in class. Listen to your teacher’s instructions and follow them carefully. They will pave the way to your desired goal. Try to complete your classwork in the school itself. Do not keep any work pending. If you have any doubts regarding any topic, ask your teachers and clear them.
Also Read: Ways to Start a Career While Studying
- Maintain your notebooks of all the subjects and keep them updated. Make sure you get them checked by the subject teacher so that if there is any error, it can be corrected on time.
- When you come home after school is over, make sure you take a nap and then do your homework. Taking a power nap is very important for your mind as well as for your body.
- Participate in different co-curricular activities as well. They will boost your brain’s power and keep your brain active. This will be helpful for your studies as well.
- Practice all the questions that are in your textbook, including the examples that are mentioned. Most of the time, questions are asked from the examples, so practice them as well. When you have revised the concepts, solve the example questions and then solve the exercise. If you are stuck on a question, you refer to the Vedantu NCERT books solutions for class 7. These will ease out your burden.
- Exercise for at least 10 to 15 minutes every day as it will make you feel energetic. Hydrate yourself regularly. Eat balanced food and avoid relying on junk food as it can make you fall sick and hamper your studies.
- Make a separate notebook for your revision work and make sure you write in the same manner as you write in your school notebook so that you can increase your writing speed and keep it neat as well.
- Find out which time suits you better for your studies and prefer to study in that slot only. Set daily targets for things you are going to study that day.
- While studying literature, try focusing on vocabulary and spelling mistakes. Do not take them lightly. They play a crucial role in scoring good marks. Revise grammar rules at regular intervals and practice for speaking assessment as well.
- In social sciences, make a small diary where you can write all the dates for history, important facts for geography, rules, and regulations of democracy for civics.
- In science, mark all the important points and draw well-labelled diagrams in your notebook. Read the chapters thoroughly. Work on different projects related to your syllabus to gain insight into the chapters. Performing practicals yourself will be favourable for your growth.
- For mathematics, list all the formulas on a blank sheet for your assistance and practice questions at least 2-3 times before appearing for your exams.
- Take all your class tests and unit tests seriously. Prepare for them beforehand and when you prepare for your final exam, it will be a lot easier for you to revise.
- Try understanding concepts using animated videos but watch them one by one. Once you have watched the video, solve questions on that topic. Avoid watching a lot of videos. Limit your screen time and give rest to your eyes.
- Create a happy and cheerful environment around yourself. Make sure you have enough light in your room. You can keep a small plant near your table. That will incorporate positive vibes in your room. Declutter your things regularly and remove unnecessary things from your study area.
- Do not study for long hours, keep your study session short and engaging. Keep your checklist realistic and achievable. Don’t add extra targets that are unrealistic.
- Phones and other gadgets can also be the cause of your procrastination. Use it when required or in case of an emergency. Useless scrolling will waste a lot of time, which you can utilize in learning a new hobby or studying for your exam.
- Self-evaluation and realization are very important. Analyze your mistakes and try not to repeat them again. If you think that a particular layout does not suit your way of studying or hampers your studies, do not hesitate to change it and try a new one. The more you analyze, the more you can improvise. It is always good to try out new methods.
These are a few suggestions that can positively impact your studies. Incorporating these suggestions in your daily life will take time. Just try to be consistent. You just have to be confident about yourself and believe that whatever you are doing will be worth it in the end and give fruitful results.