Many people who don’t understand what a personal injury attorney does may feel intimidated and or scared by them. These attorneys are often assumed to be bad guys as they are trying to get money from another party. What many people don’t realize that these attorneys are more like superheroes than villains. They are asking a person or a company that is at fault to pay money for their negligent actions that resulted in hurting someone else. If someone reading this is considering using an attorney but is scared and intimidated, it’s important to remember that these attorneys are working for victims to help them recover from their losses. These are the people that an accident victim wants on their side representing them.
Related Post: Getting the Most From a Personal Injury Claim
Who Needs a Personal Injury Attorneys?
Many people aren’t aware if they even need the services of this type of attorney. This answer is that anyone who has been hurt mentally or physically by another person or a company should look into the services offered by personal injury attorneys. The reason is that being injured, hurt, or even traumatized can cost a person a lot of money in medical bills, counseling, and even lost wages. Even if a person thinks they can afford the costs involved themself, over time these costs and services can add up and they may no longer be affordable. Plus, the victim should not have to pay these costs that someone else caused. Consulting an attorney now can mean that a person who has been injured has the monetary assistance they need both now and later from the person or the company responsible for the injury or loss.
What Types of Cases Do These Attorneys Represent?
These types of attorneys represent victims of accidents, crimes, and even employee injury. In this instance, the victims are people who have been hurt or victimized as a result of someone else’s actions. These people were hurt, injured, traumatized, and have had to spend their own money on related costs based on what someone else did. Attorneys know that the victim’s monetary and wage loss was through no fault of their own. Examples of people that are represented in these types of cases include:
- People injured by being struck by a vehicle or a bicycle while walking on a public sidewalk. The person at fault was the one behind the wheel.
- Someone hurt in a car accident when the accident was not their fault. The person at fault was the other driver.
- People who were hurt by another driver through no fault of their own while operating a motorcycle.
- Someone injured through no fault of their own by an at-fault semi-truck driver.
- People who were struck in crosswalks or in parking lots by cars or trucks. The drivers were the ones at fault.
- Employees who became sick after being exposed to dangerous or toxic chemicals while working at their job.
- When someone is killed on the job or through the negligent acts of others, an attorney can represent the family of the deceased.
- If a person is attacked by another person’s animal, they can get help through legal representation. The animal owner is responsible for the actions of their pets.
- People who were attacked and injured by another person.
- Patients who have gotten sick, hurt, or even died from insufficient or incorrect care from a doctor. It was the doctor’s job to heal the person, not to kill them or make them sicker.
- People who have permanent injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, loss of limbs, broken bones, or permanent physical damage due to the acts of someone else. If not for the act, the person who not have suffered the injury.
- People who had medical devices implanted and the device has failed or worked improperly can be represented. Manufacturers should stand behind their medical devices, especially when it means the difference between life and death.
- People who were physically hurt when a product they purchased didn’t work as advertised. When used properly, children’s toys, home electronics, and other goods should never hurt, injure, or kill the user.
- People hurt or stuck by a garbage truck. A surprising number of people are hurt every year by garbage trucks through no fault of their own. These people deserve fair representation when trying to recover money for medical costs, lost wages, pain, suffering, and even death related costs.
What Types of Costs Do These Attorneys Work to Recoup?
While some people assume that people hire an attorney just for a payday and so that they don’t have to go back to work, the truth is that there are lots of costs involved with being hurt or attacked. These attorneys work hard to get people their lost wages back, they work to get money to cover what the victim spend on medical bills, they may seek funds to help cover property damage, they will try to get money to cover future medical bills and costs that may arise related to the incident, and in some cases, they may try to get the money that a person deserves from their pain and suffering. Every incident and case is unique though, so speaking to an attorney can help a person know what types of reimbursement they can realistically expect from the person or company that hurt them.
Also Read: Top 10 Emerging Technologies in 2021
In the horrible event that a person passed away from the negligent acts of someone else, the attorney may try to collect medical costs, fees to cover the funeral, funds for the family equivalent to the money that the person would have earned had they not passed away, and money for the pain of the loss that the family now faces.
In conclusion, most people may be lucky enough to never need the services of a personal injury attorney. Unfortunately, there will be some people who do. These legally trained professionals are the good guys, helping the little guy financially recover from an incident that was no fault of their own. They can help anyone from vehicle accident victims to the families of those killed due to medical malpractice incidents.