It’s apparent how the COVID-19 crisis has hit different businesses hard. But according to Forbes, some sectors have thrived and flourished amid the crisis. Why? These industries offer something valuable that consumers need during this pandemic. These include the cleaning, delivery, home construction, and landscaping industries.
Related Post: 4 Tips For Running Your Landscaping Business Efficiently
For your landscaping company, make the most of the pandemic situations. Not only will this boost your business profit, but you’ll be able to cater to the landscaping needs of people. As such, you can take a few crucial steps to kick your landscaping business up a notch amid the crisis.
That said, here’s how to keep your landscaping company flourishing during this pandemic:
1. Capitalize on your thriving industry
The landscaping sector is one of the thriving industries during this pandemic. Last year, many households pursued home improvement projects brought about by lockdowns. This year, homeowners have considered hiring landscaping services to improve their outdoor spaces. In fact, Forbes tagged 2020 as the Year of the Home, while 2021 as the year of the yard. As such, you should take advantage of this opportunity. Be sure to study your market and see how you can capitalize on it.
2. Check the landscaping needs of your target market
Aside from studying your industry, you should also factor in your target market. Know that these prospective clients will be instrumental to the overall success of your landscaping business. For your landscaping company to thrive, you should know and understand the landscaping needs of your potential clients. As such, carry out research and due diligence before offering landscaping services. Once you know what they need, you can offer the most relevant services.
3. Offer a wide array of landscaping services
What’s great about the landscaping industry is that companies can offer various services. You can undertake different landscaping works, from carrying out an excavation to installing hardscape structures to outdoor gardening. But you can also specialize in one landscaping service depending on your areas of expertise. That said, factor in your landscaping knowledge, skills, and resources and assess the landscaping needs of your target market. From there, you can decide on what landscaping services to offer.
4. Get the best landscaping contractors to grow your team
If looking to grow your landscaping business, you must have a solid team. Amid the COVID-19 crisis, now is the right time to grow your team of professional landscapers. As such, make sure to get the best talents to work for your landscaping business. Screen your applicants properly by considering their industry experience, landscaping knowledge and skills, areas of expertise, and dedication and commitment to work. After checking their portfolio, set an appointment with a few worthy prospects. From there, you can hire the best landscaping contractors for your landscaping business.
5. Invest in digital tools and technologies
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to negative repercussions among different businesses. But if anything, it has led to digital transformation during this pandemic. Many big companies and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) have seen the value of digital tools and technologies. They have realized how these can make their business processes more efficient, accurate, productive, and effective. The landscaping industry is no exception. As a landscaping company, consider investing in the following:
- Automation for landscaping records and reports
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The use of drones
- Chatbots for business websites
- Wearables for landscaping contractors
Also Read: Bathtubs for Your Home – 2022: Is It Needed?
6. Employ digital marketing strategies
To boost your landscaping business during this pandemic, employ some digital marketing strategies. If you’re clueless about what to implement, here are a few recommendations:
- SEO: SEO stands for search engine optimization, the process of optimizing your website, producing relevant content, and building backlinks. It aims to increase your landscaping company’s online visibility and website traffic.
- PPC: PPC stands for pay-per-click, having the same objectives as SEO. However, you must create ads, display them on the search engine results pages (SERP), and pay for successful clicks.
- Email marketing: This marketing strategy has long been proven effective in promoting products or services. All it takes is to send both your regular and potential clients some promotional emails about your landscaping business.
- Social media marketing: This marketing approach has become extremely powerful for businesses. As such, harness the power of social media channels in marketing your business, promoting your landscaping services, and boosting client engagement.
At this point, you now know how to boost your landscaping business during this pandemic. Consider the valuable business tips recommended above, from capitalizing on your thriving industry to implementing digital marketing strategies. That way, you can get more clients and increase your business profits. In the end, the COVID-19 pandemic doesn’t have to stop your landscaping business from growing and flourishing.