The name of an entity has a great connection to individuality and identity. The name of an entity is the sign of courtesy and acts as the medium for recognizing the entity. Thus, business names are as important as the names of a person. Not only business names provide identity to the businesses but it also brings about a valuable segment for the customers. The success of the business, it can be said, heavily depends on the name. If the name is catchy and trendy, users tend to identify the products easily.
The catchy and attractive business name gives a vibe to the brand name. Here we provide you with the guideline that will help you in coming up with a catchy business name in 5 simple steps:
Related Post: How to Protect your Brand Name with Trademark
1. Bring Out the Originality
Bringing out originality in your name can be difficult and hard. But the originality is an essential ingredient when it comes to choosing an attractive business name. Your name should compel the people to take a look and notice at your brand. Here is how you can flourish the flow of ideas:
- You may explore the keywords that will give you wonderful inspiration of words for the business name.
- Consultation of the Books: You can go through the dictionary of inspiration, flip through the different pages, and write down the inspirational words.
3. Have Fun Word Play: The best way to achieve the originality is to have fun wordplay with words related to your business idea. For instance, Melon Cauli’s name is preferable for fruits and vegetable stores.
2. Make the Name Reflective of the Future Trends
The business name should be future-proof. It means that you must create a name that does not sabotage the appeal of the business in the near future. In the following way, you may think about the values, missions, and visions of the business and brainstorm the name of the business:
- Reflective on Business Idea: What are the main objectives of your business? You must explore the business vision and mission of the business, and align the name to it accordingly.
- Consider the Services: If you are a service-based business,you may add the suffix to the business name and offer services in the business name.
Also Read: 3 Broker Benefits For Your Business
3. Business Name Should Be User-Friendly
It is very necessary to select a business name that can be read, spelled, and typed into the Google search bar with great ease and convenience. A convenient business name can potentially put you ahead into the game. In order to come up with a user-friendly name, you may limit yourself to two name syllables and get feedback from friends and family.
4. Ensure whether the name is available.
Once, you have come up with a business name idea, it is the perfect time to dig upon it. For the legitimacy and the SEO purposes, you must check whether the website URL for the business name idea is available or not. You may check it on a tool that checks the domain availability.
5. Make sure Everyone LOVES it.
Lastly, not only others but you must also fall in love with your business. It should fill you in a sense of pride. You must feel confident when you put it out in front of the world. So, the name should be attractive, catchy, and lovable. So, brainstorm as much as you can.
Though companies rebrand all the time, rebranding costs a lot of money and effort. So, you must try to get the name right in the first attempt.