Ecommerce sales are crucial for business growth and success. This is irrespective of the number of years you are in business or a new startup. The fact is businesses do witness ups & downs. You may face trouble trying to gain new customers as well as increase revenue. The previous marketing strategies might not bear similar results now. Moreover, you are to stay with the current trends. Customers exhibit changing taste and preferences that is noticed mostly in the eCommerce industry.
Related Post: 5 Ways to Increase Your Wholesale Sales
6 unique ways to increase sales
- Display icons to enhance site reliability: Untrustworthy or sketchy eCommerce site will not attract customers. You need to have a secure website. These days, shoppers are more concerned with cybersecurity. Credit card scams have affected about 46% of Americans in the last 5 years. Online shoppers consider information to be their main priority when engaging in eCommerce platforms. Hence, make proper adjustments. Display security badges in your site as it helps build trust with your customers.
Also Read: Importance of Ecommerce in Our Daily Life
- Target existing customers: If businesses face trouble, the first thing that comes to their mind is not having sufficient customers. It is rather a common misconception. Rather than focusing only on customer acquisition, improve customer retention strategy. Loyal customers are likely to impact positively on your eCommerce site. Loyal customers when compared to the one-time purchase and new customers will help boost your revenue. They have higher conversion rates, include more items to shopping carts and increase online sales with each visit they make to your site. Retaining existing customers also involves fewer expenses than getting new ones. They are always aware of your brand and just need some gentle push. Also, no learning curve is involved here. Hence, try to enhance their overall experience. Derive valuable customer loyalty program offering customers with more incentives on spending more money on shopping. Every dollar spent should convert to rewards point that can be redeemed later.
- Use images in customer testimonials: User testimonials and reviews can help show concept proof. However, posting messages from some faceless/nameless person is not likely to help much. Your testimonial should have a photo, the person’s title and full name. It appears more professional and convincing. Customers will happily share their success stories if your product/service deals with their problems. Combining images and storytelling with testimonials is sure to help boost eCommerce sales.
- Video demonstrations: Videos dominate the web and consumers just love them. Videos offer better ROI than other marketing strategies. Sites with videos are noticed to have more users spending 88% of time checking out their pages. It also helps increase customer engagement and interests, thus making your product/service to seem convincing. It resonates with people easily. It can be remembered for a long time easily by all ages. Video demonstrations of how your product works can be more effective to increase online sales.
- Offer more discounts: Although a simple strategy, it is quite powerful to attract new and existing clients to make purchases. If you seem bothered about profit margins, then simply increase product base price and put it for sale. Then, on the product offer huge discounts.
- Mobile shopping: Make sure your website is accessible on all devices. These days, people use tablets and mobile phones to shop online. 63% of millennials shop using their phones. This number only seems to be increasing with each passing day. Optimize your site for mobile devices. Otherwise, you will lose customers and revenue. You can also consider developing a mobile app.
Implementing the above unique ways to increase sales will help generate more leads, sales and revenue. You just need to come up with viable strategies that fit perfectly your type of business.